When you are on a budget it might be a bit harder to find a decent monitor, especially for gaming purpose. It can be a challenge, but it also is not impossible to find a monitor that can meet the basic requirements if not something extra. The 10 best monitors under 200 list below, hopefully, will assist you to find the monitor that fits your need and expectations, while having an affordable price of under 200 dollars.
- Quick Tips: Before Your Reading
- Editors’ Choice: LG 32MA70HY-P 32-Inch Full HD IPS Monitor
- Top2 HP 23.8-inch FHD IPS Monitor Reviews
- Top3 Sceptre 27″ Curved 75Hz LED Monitor Reviews
- Top4 Acer R240HY bidx 23.8-Inch (1920 x 1080) Widescreen Monitor Reviews
- Top5 HP 27er 27-in IPS LED Backlit Monitor Reviews
- Top6 Acer GN246HL Bbid 24-Inch 3D Gaming Display Reviews
- Top7 ASUS 24-inch Full HD FreeSync Gaming Monitor Reviews
- If I Were You, I will Choose Acer GN246HL Bbid 24-Inch 3D Gaming, Here Are 3 Reasons
- Ready for Our Target Keyword Recommendations?
Quick Tips: Before Your Reading
Every computer is different therefore while some might enjoy one monitor the same monitor might not be a good fit for you. Compatibility between the computer and the monitor is very important, so the more compatible they are the more you can get advantage of its performances. When you buy a monitor always check what it is compatible with and just so that you are surer, check the reviews to see people’s reactions to it.
What’re your needs
Of course, your propriety will be a good resolution, with high response time and fast refresh rate. I was surprised to see that even monitors under 200 dollars have a very decent response time and refresh rate. Gamers will be surprised of the clarity and lifelike image of some of the monitors that I have picked for you.
Under 200? The real Consideration
The biggest consideration while buying a cheaper monitor would be the quality of the image and whether there might appear dead pixels. The ones I picked stand somewhat well in this field, and not many users have reported having any of those issues. You really can find a decent monitor that doesn’t cost a fortune.
How We Picked Or Tested
I always pick the products in the same manner, a combination of the features presented by the manufacturer and the reviews of people who have had the opportunity to try the product. You will never see a manufacturer pinpointing his product’s flaws, that is why the best to check the people’s reviews.
Editors’ Choice: LG 32MA70HY-P 32-Inch Full HD IPS Monitor
About This LG 32MA70HY-P 32-Inch Full HD IPS Monitor
This is a 32-inch monitor with Full HD IPS and affordable price of 200 dollars. Compared to the 24-inch monitors, this one offers 70% more viewable area. The IPS’ panel enhances the color reproduction and the Full HD provides more clarity to the image no matter what angle you are looking at the screen. This monitor also has On-screen control and as such, they are more at your hand’s reach. The Screen Split 2.0 option so that you will be able to do some multitasking with up to 4 windows at same time. The monitor is vesa-compatible and you can mount it on a wall.
- Users really seem to like the vesa-mounting option, as it saves up some space.
- The screen-split feature is also an advantage, as it allows you to multitask with up to 4 different windows at same time.
- Even though some users like the clarity of the image, some feel that the 1080 resolution does not fit with the 32-inch monitor.
For the price of 200 dollars, this monitor does seem to be living up to its expectations. It has some cool features like the split-screen option, and the always welcomed vesa-mounting option. I would really recommend this monitor and I strongly believe that it is worth to give it a try.
Top2 HP 23.8-inch FHD IPS Monitor Reviews
About This HP 23.8-inch FHD IPS Monitor
This is a 23.8-inch monitor with Full HD of 1920×1080 and micro-edge IPS. The aspect ratio is 16:9 with 2 million pixels that will make the image vibrant and crystal clear. The response time is 5 ms and the refresh rate is 60Hz, these two will help to never get a blurred picture. The monitor has few ports such as for VGA, HDMI and HDCP. This monitor also has built-in speakers so you don’t have to bother with getting external ones. This product is also environmentally friendly as the LED backlighting is mercury-free, the monitor does not contain any arsenic and it’s designed to be energy efficient. This monitor comes with vesa-mounting option and also it can do some height, pivot and tilt adjustments.
- The monitor is very easy to set up and you will be able to start using it only after few minutes since you have taken it out of the box.
- The vesa-mounting options as well as the other adjustments that can be done to this monitor only add up to the comfort while you are on the computer.
- Users seem to really dislike the speakers as they are not as good as they should be.
I would say that for the 123 dollars, this is a super product. People seem to really like this monitor and the features that it is offering. The users are mostly fans of the adjustment options as well as the sleek and thin design of the monitor. Probably the only disadvantages are the weak speakers but you can always buy external ones.
Top3 Sceptre 27″ Curved 75Hz LED Monitor Reviews
About This Sceptre 27″ Curved 75Hz LED Monitor
This 27’’ monitor has a curved display for a revolutionary image experience; the shape of the monitor will make the image with more depth and the whole experience will be immersive. This monitor is compatible with Windows 10 and as such, it is also compatible with Windows 7, 8 and XP. The monitor comes with few ports such as HDMI, VGA, speakers, and DisplayPort. The response time is pretty decent and it’s 5ms so that all the activities will be transferred to the screen in no time. Another feature is the VESA mount that will help you put the monitor on the wall for better visibility and more space. There is a port for speakers, as I mentioned above, but you might not need them as the monitor has built-in speakers.
- The VESA mount would be one of the top pros because thanks to this feature you can save up some space and you can adjust the monitor for better visibility.
- Even though this item is lightly weighted it has a sturdy design.
- Super easy setup.
- The built-in speakers are not the best and you might need external ones.
- The quality of the picture could be better.
For the 160 dollars, which is the price of this monitor, I feel that it lives up to its expectations. The monitor has some cool features and the VESA mount is probably one of the top ones. I believe this is an item that you should give a try.
Top4 Acer R240HY bidx 23.8-Inch (1920 x 1080) Widescreen Monitor Reviews
About This Acer R240HY bidx 23.8-Inch (1920 x 1080) Widescreen Monitor
This monitor’s amazing 1920×1080 resolution will provide an image with excellent details. No matter what angle you are looking at the screen, it will always be vivid, clear without color differences thanks to the IPS technology. You will experience unique visual treat thanks to the zero frame design that creates no boundaries to the monitor. For more comfort, there is the tilt feature which will allow you to adjust the monitor according to your preferences. For your eyes’ protection, there is the Flicker-free technology that will prevent your eyes from getting fatigued and irritated. This monitor is also eco-friendly, which means it does not contain any mercury, it is recyclable and it is energy efficient.
- For the 137 dollars you are receiving an amazing 1920×1080 resolution.
- Very responsive time of 4msm which the best for a display with IPS panel.
- The viewing angles are amazing and the monitor offers amazing picture no matter how you look at it.
- One con would be the fact that there is no vesa-mounting option for this monitor.
I would say that for only 137 dollars you are getting an awesome monitor that offers a lot of cool features. The resolution is amazing as are the viewing angles. The response time of 4ms is also impressive. Also, the flicker-free technology is always welcomed, especially if you a person who spends long hours on the computer. All in all, a solid monitor with low cost.
Top5 HP 27er 27-in IPS LED Backlit Monitor Reviews
About This HP 27er, 27-in IPS LED Backlit Monitor
This monitor offers no bezel encircling to the display and ultra-wide viewing angle that provide multi-monitor set-ups. The 178 degrees of vertical and horizontal viewing angles make the image clear no matter which position you are looking at it. The display is in Full HD and as such it provides crisp and brilliant images. The HP’s My Display will help you save the preferred settings on the software. All the ports are easily accessed, thus making things easier for you. The design is sleek and it is HP’s thinnest LCD display. For a low price of about 183 dollars, you are receiving a monitor with vibrant and crisp image quality. This monitor is also energy efficient and as such, it is also environmentally friendly.
- The bezel-less design will maximize the user’s viewing area.
- The display is ultra slim and as such, it saves up space.
- The set up is a breeze and that is always a good feature.
- When it comes to doing activities like reading, this monitor is not the best as the text appears blurry.
I would say that for the price of around 183 dollars this monitor meets its expectations. The display seems to be very good for gaming purposes, maybe not so much for reading though. The design is ultra slim so it will not consume a lot of space. I guess if you only need it for games, you should definitely give it a try.
Top6 Acer GN246HL Bbid 24-Inch 3D Gaming Display Reviews
About This Target Keyword
This LED monitor offers exceptional details thanks to the 1920x1080resolution, the 0.276mm pixel pitch and the 100M:1 contrast ratio. The responsive time is only 1 ms and the refresh rate is 144Hz, these two will reduce the deviations in transition time and they will deliver moving images with high-quality as well as immersive graphics to your games and movies. The DVI, VGA and HDMI ports will help you extend and power the enjoyment from your tablet or even smartphone on the FULL HD display. The NVIDIA 3D Lightboost is providing immersive 3D imagery that compared to other solutions is two times brighter. This 3D technology is the thing you need for some in-home enjoyment with your friends. This monitor is mercury-free and it is meeting the Energy Star requirements. The display not only will save energy. But also it is recyclable.
- The 1 ms response time and the 144Hz refresh rate are just impressive.
- The monitor also uses the Flicker-free technology, so you won’t get your eyes irritated and fatigued after long gaming or working sessions.
- The 1080p resolution is living up to its expectations.
- The one con would be that the vesa-mount is not made out of quality materials and it is risky to use it.
For the 195 dollars, this is affordable monitor that offers some really cool features. The resolution is awesome, the responsive 1ms time is unbelievable and the 144Hz refresh time is fantastic. If that all was not enough, the monitor also offers the 3D experience to take your gaming sessions to the next level.
Top7 ASUS 24-inch Full HD FreeSync Gaming Monitor Reviews
This Target Keyword
Now, this is a monitor for the gamers out there, with impressive 1ms response time and 75Hz refresh rate. This monitor also has the GameFast input technology which will allow you enjoy smooth visuals while you keep it hooked on up to two devices all that for an impressive gaming experience. The AMD FreeSync will privet screen tearing and choppy frame rates and as such your first person, racing shooter, strategies, and other eSports titles will have seamless visuals as well as smooth gameplay. This monitor also combines the Eye care technology and the flicker-free technology so that it will minimize the eye fatigue and irritation. The monitor’s stand will allow you to adjust its tilt, height, pivot, and swivel.
- The 75Hz refresh rate is very noticeable and nice feature especially if you are a gamer.
- The stand being adjustable is something that not many monitors offers, so it makes this one a lot more comfortable.
- The colors and viewing angles are not on the top of their game, as they are uneven and underwhelming.
- The contrast is also poor and you might have ghosting issues as well.
I guess it is a monitor for when you are on a budget because while it does have some cool feature there also are some disadvantages as well. I saw that the price is 205 dollars, which is not high, but you can get better performances from another monitor in the same price range.
If I Were You, I will Choose Acer GN246HL Bbid 24-Inch 3D Gaming, Here Are 3 Reasons
- The responsive time of 1 ms plus the 144Hz refresh rate are impressive.
- The monitor also uses the Flicker-free technology, so you won’t get your eyes irritated and fatigued after long sessions of gaming or working.
- The 1080p resolution is true and living up to its expectations.
Ready for Our Target Keyword Recommendations?
As you can see the market has some impressive gaming monitor even under 200 dollars. While some have issues, others really are impressive and they offer some cool features. When you are on the budget you can’t expect a product that has zero flaws, but you can for sure find one that is almost perfect.
I can’t stress enough how important it is to check people’s reviews about a certain product. Their comments will help you predict if the monitor under 200 will be a good fit for you or not. Also, you must know what and how much you expect from the product and, as I always say, not always the more expensive products are necessarily bette