To keep pace with the modern technology in gameplay arena 1440p monitor can be an ideal choice for experiencing enthusiastic gaming and watching movies. Today I will discuss best 10 1440p monitors in 2018 which will give you a clear idea about features, pros, and cons of 1440 p monitor.
- Why You Should Buy a 1440P Monitor
- Best 1440P Monitor: Comparison Lists
- Best 1440P Monitor- In-depth Reviews
- 10 Best 1440P Monitor 2018: Reviews, Cons & Pros
- Top1: Acer Predator XB271HU Reviews
- Top-2: ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q Reviews
- About ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q
- Top 3: Dell Gaming Monitor S2417DG YNY1D Reviews
- Top-4: VESA Wall Mounting: 100x100mm reviews
- TOP-5: BenQ ZOWIE XL2411P reviews
- Top- 6: Acer G257HU smidpx reviews
- TOP-7: ASUS PB277Q reviews
- Top-8: VIOTEK GN27D reviews
- About VIOTEK GN27D
- Top-9: Viotek 144Hz GN32LD Reviews:
- Top-10: ASUS ROG SWIFT PG348Q reviews:
- Best 1440p 144hz Monitor Of 2017
- 144op Monitor: Choose Accessories & List Table
- Brief Summary
- My Choice: If I Were You, I will Choose Acer Predator XB271HU, Here Are 3 Reasons
- Ready for Our 1440P Monitor Recommendations?
- More Choice: 4k Gaming Monitor
- Final Words
Why You Should Buy a 1440P Monitor
If you have a 1080p monitor and you don’t want to spend a lot for buying 4k leap than a 1440p monitor can satisfy you maintaining you a middle position. It will give you a taste of 4k leap and you don’t have to pay as 4k.
Best 1440P Monitor: Comparison Lists
In this article I will illustrate the following 1440p monitors, their advantages disadvantages, and features:
Top1: Acer Predator XB271HU
Top-2: ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q
Top 3: Dell Gaming Monitor S2417DG YNY1D
Top-4: VESA Wall Mounting: 100x100mm
Top-5: BenQ ZOWIE XL2411P
Top- 6: Acer G257HU smidpx
Top-7: ASUS PB277Q
Top-8: VIOTEK GN27D
Top-9: Viotek 144Hz GN32LD
Top-10: ASUS ROG SWIFT PG348Q
How we picked & tested
You may think before buying a 1440p monitor just reading some review is enough. But things should not be so simple, you should do some research work before buying it. You should aware of your computers processor and GPU ability. There are many factors should be considered. Here for helping you guys, I am mentioning some factors:
- Size and resolution
- Refresh rate and related technology
- Response time
- Eye protection technology
- Power consumption
Best 1440P Monitor- In-depth Reviews
In this writing, I will discuss the monitor size and resolution, applied technology, eye protection technology, connectivity, stand, advantages and disadvantages and my brief suggestion. You should read the mentioned review and compare which will fit for you.
10 Best 1440P Monitor 2018: Reviews, Cons & Pros
Here I will discuss the 10 best 1440p monitors in 2018. The monitors are from different brands and company. Each of them has different features and different specifications. So, let’s start for the reviews:
Top1: Acer Predator XB271HU Reviews
In our list, Acer predator is the topmost position. The brilliant 27″ WQHD (2560 x 1440) Widescreen display in a combination of NVIDIA G-SYNC Technology make is outstanding in the competition.
About Acer Predator 1440p:
I would like to mention its display first. You will get 27” WQHD IPS display in a combination of NVIDIA G-SYNC Technology. Here the dimension is 2560 x 1440. You don’t have to worry about the display an HDMI port as it integrates both. Many concern about refresh rate where it has a refresh rate of 144 Hz. You will have to wait only 4ms for response time. You will not find any flickering in the monitor which may cause eye strain while viewing for a longer period of time. Here you can experience 2×2 W speakers as well.
Pros and cons
- It has no limitation on frame rate and you can easily pair it with GPU.
- The G-sync will synchronize frame rate to refresh rate which gives you a smooth experience in gaming.
- I especially love it for its slim Bezels and robust stand.
- Here you also find an efficient way of clean cable management.
I have faced a problem in aspect ratio. However, you can solve it by resetting the aspect ratio from either aspect to 1:1 or 1:1 to aspect the opposite of the setting.
The monitor will protect your eyes by it flicker less technology, good ergonomics stand which will give you an opportunity of setting the monitor at a comfortable view which you can tilt from -5°- 35°. Moreover, you can adjust it vertically up to 5 inches and rotate up to 90°. Besides, the monitors of Acer are energy star and compliant by RoHS. The eco-display technology of Acer uses mercury-free white LED backlighting which will reduce power up to 68%. Overall consideration it is worthy to buy.
Top-2: ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q Reviews
About ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q
Now I will introduce you to an attractive product of Asus: ASUS ROG. Asus Rog has 27″ Quad HD 2560×1440 IPS 165Hz display. You will find thin bezel design and the screen size will be the best balance. It will give you best experience in gaming. The TUV certified Flicker free in according to blue light filter protects your eyes from fatigue. The monitor will give you a smoother gaming graphics through its 165 Hz refresher rate. The IPS RGB gamut provides you an exceptional experience of color during gaming. You will also find DP and HDMI ports on the monitor.
Pros and cons:
- You will experience a buttery smooth while gaming due to its 165Hz refresh rate with G-Sync.
- For better performance, it includes integrated FPS and filter for blue light.
- Very high quality video during gaming and watching movie
- Little bit expensive
I recommend buying this monitor because of its splendid image quality. It has 1-3ms response time. Moreover, the ASUS exclusive eye care technology will give your eyes a comfortable viewing and embedded ergonomics will minimize stress on your eyes and neck. Although it is a little bit expensive to experience a better display quality and if you have not enough money to buy 4k then it will be your choice.
Top 3: Dell Gaming Monitor S2417DG YNY1D Reviews
About Dell Gaming Monitor S2417DG YNY1D
The monitor has a 24-Inch display. The Screen is associated with LED-Lit TN in which G-SYNC technology is used, you will find dimension with QHD 2560 x 1440. To provide your smooth performance 165Hz Refresh Rate is used here. The response time is 1ms which will give you a faster experience. Here you will deal with a display of 16:9 Aspect Ratio.
The QHD resolution will give you a stunning clarity and it ensures clear graphics even in the middle of a battle! You will get 2 times more details screen than full HD. To give you an exceptional gaming experience here optimal preset mode is used.
Pros and cons:
- To protect your eyes a flicker-free screen is used
- It will not be a matter of your movement in gameplay you will see it with crystal clear view which is credited by the faster refresh rate of 165 Hz and NVIDIA G-sync technology.
- The monitor will not bother you by producing stuttering or ghost imaging.
The problem is the color is not as sharp as IPS and viewing angle is smaller compared to IPS screen.
If you want to experience a real-time gameplay and crystal clear graphics with a rapid 1 ms panel respond time then I will suggest you buy it. You also get a chance to enjoy dual or multi-screen assembly for your gaming. In additional you will get a tailor-made experience of gaming by customizing your settings to 3D. You will see the difference while using due to its option for multiple monitors which will be an ideal set up for gaming.
Top-4: VESA Wall Mounting: 100x100mm reviews
About VESA Wall Mounting: 100x100mm
In this monitor, you will get 27″ WQHD display with G-SYNC eSports assembly. It will give you a refresh rate of a 165Hz refresh with 1 millisecond response time which ensures your smooth gameplay. For ensuring your comfort of eye and body here game-grade ergonomics and Eye Care technology of ASUS have been used. The monitor will give you integrated Display Port which will support HDMI and USB 3.0. Now a day security is a big issue to give you physical security here Kensington lock has been used.
Pros and cons:
- To free you from the bad experience of screen shuttering and tearing NVIDIA G-SYNC has been used.
- To give you full comfort tilt, pivot, swivel, height adjustment etc. game grade ergonomics has to be applied here.
- I found the basics problems of IPS display which is termed as light bleed at corner.
- In LCD display backed by IPS might offer a wide angle and the color along the bolder may allow more light which passes through the panel. As a result, light bleeding may happen in the corner.
Although there are some problems in the monitor as mentioned above but I think the problem is very trifling and natural. If you want to experience with a display with a pinnacle of gaming you should buy it because its engineered cutting edge featured which is contributed will ensure that degree of gaming experience. The ROG Swift PG278QR represents the highest level of gaming display.
TOP-5: BenQ ZOWIE XL2411P reviews
About BenQ ZOWIE XL2411P
Now I will put light through a beautiful monitor brought by BenQ. The monitor display is 24 inch. You will experience full pledged eSports gaming monitor. Only 1 ms response time and 144 Hz refreshing rate will give a faster experience of gaming. In this product, you will get 2 exceptional updated technology for giving you extended clarity and visibility. They are Black eQualizer and Color Vibrance technology. Through this technology, you will able to grab the updated facilities of visibility. To enhance your multitasking ability here DVI-DL connection port, HDMI 1.4, headphone jack have been used.
Pros and cons:
- Best ergonomic position, the monitor has an adjustable stand. By with you can fix the position of the monitor at your desired and comfortable level.
- You can customize the screen size by means of smart scaling.
- Here to give comfort to your eyes low blue light and flicker-free technology have been used.
There is a small problem of adjusting the angle. If you angle the screen to towards up then you cannot angle it toward lower.
Combining with the given facility and affordable price it can be your one of your best choices. In the same umbrella, you will get the clearest image, smoothest view and fast response with a very reasonable price.
Top- 6: Acer G257HU smidpx reviews
About Acer G257HU smidpx
In this monitor of Acer, you will get a 25-Inch WQHD Widescreen screen. The resolution of the screen is 2560 x 1440. To smooth your enjoyment you will get a facility of connecting your loved smartphone or tablet to the full High Definition screen. To give you better graphics during your time of gaming, multimedia, and productivity. It will reduce the deviations in transition time by its 4 ms response time and 60 Hz refresh rate. For giving you comfort you can tilt the stand at -5° to 15°. In addition to these, you can able to Enjoy extensively offered 16:9 High Definition digital views.
Pros and cons
- You may be happy to learn it consumes very low power through its eco-friendly nature and smart utilize of energy.
- In this extensive LCD widescreen, the remarkable contrast ration (100 Million:1) guarantees an experience of crystal-clear viewing.
- No distortion of the image.
Among the problems of this monitor I found, the stand is quite bad. When you try to adjust the vertical height of the monitor it will shake. You can’t adjust it horizontally nor can you turn it.
The problem is not a big deal when you think about its price, brightness, display and other facilities. The problem of stand can be solved by manually. If you want a high quality image and eco-friendly monitor with an affordable price then I would go for it.
TOP-7: ASUS PB277Q reviews
About ASUS PB277Q
Now I will talk about another product of ASUS. ASUS bring this monitor in the market with a slogan of eye caring. You will get a 27″ WQHD display. The resolution will be 2560×1440. It will give you a faster response rate (1ms) with 75 Hz refreshing rate. The monitor will protect your eyes from the rays of display. Moreover, considering your physical comfort, you can tilt, swivel, pivot it and also you adjust the height. It also offers you freedom of determining the comfortable viewing position by its wall-mount capability.
Pros and cons:
- ASUS eye care technology in association with TUV certified flicker-free, blue light filter which will reduce the probable fatigue of your eyes.
- the monitor is designed considering ergonomics
- For giving you a clean wire management you will get smart cable management VESA wall mounting.
- Although some people claims of black light bleeding I found no bleeding.
- Again some people claim frequent shut-off and it creates loud static noise from the speaker.
I will suggest you guy if you want to buy this very health-friendly product then check its warranty and after-sales services. However, this may be some exceptional nature of electronics product. But its features and facilities make it worthy to buy.
Top-8: VIOTEK GN27D reviews
About VIOTEK GN27D
If you would like an outstanding experience of using curve monitor than it would be your best choice. You will get 27 Inch display within in which 16.9 widescreen and curve is 1800R which will cover your total view. This computer monitor will give you an opportunity of continuous gameplay duet to it 144 Hz refresh rate, 4.8 ms response time, Freesync and FRS: RTS optimization. It will act like a visual paradise to you.
Pros and cons:
- You can enjoy 2560 x 1440p QHD resolution with 1MIL: 1DCR and overwhelming 16.7 million colors from MMO to movies in this curve monitor.
- In addition to VESA mountable monitor you will get DP and 2 HDMI ports.
- To protect your eyes from strain while playing or watching a long time, it has the blue light setting and anti-glare screen which will be plugged into you for a long time.
- You may have a little bit dissatisfaction in pixels.
- Backlight bleeding may happen, however no problem at a large extent.
If you want to have an experience of exceptional Curve up gameplay then this monitor can be your best choice since it has VIOTEK’s 27” curved computer monitor with magnificent QHD. Besides it will give you a mesmerize immersion with its 1800R spacious curved screen, the beauty of curvaceous nature in associate with anti-glare and low blue light setting keep your eyes protected from every unhealthier condition.
Top-9: Viotek 144Hz GN32LD Reviews:
About Viotek 144Hz GN32LD
Like GN27D it has also some exceptional features which will mesmerize you. The monitor has a wide screen of 32-inch QHD. It is a Curved Gaming Monitor with a resolution of 2560×1440 Widescreen. To adjust this big monitor in a comfortable position it has adjustable Stand. It will perform your gaming at 144Hz. the 16:9 widescreen with a 1800R curve and 16.7 million colors and 5million:1 DCR will give you a worthy performance. You can make your flawless gig by using connectivity like DVI, HDMI, and DP. You can build your rig exactly how you want.
Pros and cons
- Curve monitor with a facility of anti-glare screen which will give you working in front of the screen for a long time as you want.
- The monitor has 5 preset settings so it can facilitate your any activities like watching the movie, dominating FPS, succeeding RTS or even completing your home works.
- DVI, HDMI, and DP connectivity
- You may notice the black crush in the screen
- You will have some problem in stand movement like up and down movement of stand is very limited.
Here I the mentioned cons are very trifling and really not a big deal. If you want a get a real taste of using curve display then I suggest you buy this 32’’ big screen monitor. After using this you will realize the difference.
Top-10: ASUS ROG SWIFT PG348Q reviews:
About ASUS ROG SWIFT PG348Q
If you want an experience of using a giant screen in your home you can use 34″ display and ASUS ROG give you that kinds of display. However, let’s go to the other specifications and features of this 1440p monitor.
The monitor is built on IPS panel with NVIDIA G-sync technology. It has 100Hz refresh rate which delivers super-resolution, color, smoothness and extended immersion in front of the monitor during gaming.
Pros and cons
- The curved ultra-wide aspect ratio (21:9) maximizes immersion by giving you the provision of expanding the display.
- To protect your eyes AUSU eye care technology has been used here. Which lowers the blue light and cause an end to the flicker.
- It will give you a wise control of the scheme as it has 5-way OSD.
I found that the screen fades while viewing at an angle for example if you move your head 1″ up or down you may experience the change in brightness and color fade.
The ROG SWIFT PG348Q would be your ultimate choice for a gaming monitor. Curved 34” IPS display, ergonomics, aesthetic views are really outstanding. Although there are some problems in brightness of the monitor. However, the problem is not a very big deal comparing the facilities of the monitor.
Best 1440p 144hz Monitor Of 2017
ASUS 27-inch 144Hz WQHD FreeSync Gaming Monitor
The performance of the display is very good, it is designed according to the general specifications, the display’s screen is particularly clear because of its high resolution, the eye care technology and blue filters can reduce eye fatigue, bring us a better viewing experience. The height of the monitor can be adjusted or rotated, so you can find the right viewing angle while standing. It is really a good monitor.
Reduce eye fatigue: The ASUS 27-inch 144Hz WQHD FreeSync Gaming Monitor has the eye care technology, so it will reduce the eye fatigue .
Smooth game speed: The monitor has a refresh rate of 44Hz gives us a smooth gaming experience and seamless visual effects.
High resolution: The ASUS 27-inch 144Hz WQHD FreeSync Gaming Monitor has a a resolution of 2560 x 1440, it can show tiny details.
This 1440p 144hz Monitor is a bit backlit.
WHAT CURRENT OWNERS SAID
This is a great 1440p 144hz Monitor, not only does it give me a smooth game experience, but it can filter the blue light to protect my eyes. It’s really worth it at this price.
The ASUS 27-inch 144Hz WQHD FreeSync Gaming Monitor can protect our eye when you are playing, and it give us a more wonderful world!
Dell Gaming S2716DG 27.0″ Screen LED-Lit Monitor with G-SYNC
This Dell Gaming S2716DG 27.0″ Screen LED-Lit Monitor is capable of immersing you in stunning edge-to-edge gameplay with its rapid refresh rate and the NVIDIA G-SyncTM. This Dell monitor is designed with crisp QHD resolution and can provide you with two times more details on screen than common Full HD. With this Dell gaming monitor, you are allowed to enjoy responsive gameplay and incredibly swift for its extremely rapid 1ms panel response time.
QHD resolution: The QHD resolution featuring 3.68 million pix will provide you with two times more details on your screen.
Rapid 1ms response time: This feature can provide you with responsive gameplay and incredibly swift.
Fully-adjustable setup: this monitor is flexible and the fully-adjustable setup can provide you with the best viewing experience.
This 1440p 144hz Monitor has no speaker.
WHAT CURRENT OWNERS SAID
This 1440p 144hz Monitor has rapid response time and high resolution. It is very convenient for us to play a computer game because you never need to adjust its brightness.
This Dell monitor has many useful functions and it is well designed with a fully-adjustable setup. You can enjoy much pleasure from this monitor.
ASUS 27-inch 144Hz WQHD FreeSync Gaming Monitor
From a historical point of view, the game enthusiasts have higher requirement of the equipment components, players will be more responsive to the display speed, the quality requirements of the display is also high. The ASUS 27-inch 144Hz WQHD FreeSync Gaming Monitor give us a different game experience because of the vivid images, it’s biggest advantage is also smooth visual effects and high resolution.
Superior Gaming Experience: This monitor 4 ms response gives us a smooth visual experience, so we want to break up the different game world.
AMD FreeSync Technology: The AMD FreeSync Technology can reduce the tearing and blurring of the screen, which makes us more focused on the game itself.
High refresh rate: the monitor has 144Hz refresh rate then you can play the game smoothly.
The speed of the monitor is not the fastest.
WHAT CURRENT OWNERS SAID
This display is really good for me, it let me experience the different game world at home, in the intense game, it will not appear any Caton phenomenon, so I like it very much.
The ASUS 27-inch 144Hz WQHD FreeSync Gaming Monitor can give us Superior Gaming Experience, then we can also play the game happily at home.
144op Monitor: Choose Accessories & List Table
Buying a monitor is not all. You have also take a look on its accessories. There are various kind of accessories in a monitor. You need to buy all the accessories as many accessories are offered as a package along with the monitor. However, here I listed some accessories for your convenience. The accessories are no expensive at all and you also need not to buy them all.
- Stands if there is no integrated stand
- Standing desk (if you don’t want to use VESA wall monutn)
- Monitor or video cables
- Privacy protector
- Screen protector.
In this article, I discussed 10 best 1440p monitors. The monitors will not give you same facilities also their price is not same. Some monitors are big in size and some are not so big. Some monitors are curved some are flat. However before buying a monitor you must have to concern about its refresh rate, response time, eye care technology, ergonomics, stand and tilt angle, screen resolution, connectivity and ports, power consumption.
My Choice: If I Were You, I will Choose Acer Predator XB271HU, Here Are 3 Reasons
- Display 27” in a combination with NVIDIA G-SYNC Technology and solely flicker-free, which will protect my eyes from strain. It is really necessary for me as I use the computer for a long time.
- Slim Bezels and robust stand. The comfortable view which you can tilt from -5°- 35°. Moreover, you can adjust it vertically up to 5 inches and rotate up to 90°.
- The eco-display technology of Acer uses mercury-free white LED backlighting which will reduce power up to 68%.
Ready for Our 1440P Monitor Recommendations?
We recommend you to choose the 1440p monitor as per your usage. If you want to use the monitor for a seamless gameplay like BF1, GTA5 etc. then you should choose a monitor with faster refresh rate, response time and you will find these in TN display. A TN display will give you a super quality performance on gaming. But if you want to prefer colors and picture quality at your topmost choice then IPS panel is better. IPS serves you better performance for image editing type works. The IPS screen present the color in a very attractive way. Beside this ergonomics and eye care technology is a worthy matter to be concerned. Because many claims technology addition creates health problem to the human being especially the young generation. For these reasons you must be ensured that the monitor you will buy should have enough safety measures like flicker-free, blue light control etc.
More Choice: 4k Gaming Monitor
If you want to enhance your experience of FPS gaming or Netflix streaming in those cases a 4k monitor will help you to enjoy lifelike ultra-high definition (UHD) graphics. It supports a 4k resolution that means the picture will be composed four times more pixels than traditional HD monitor. The average resolution of the 4k monitor is 3840 x 2160 whereas in the 1440p monitor you will get 2560 x 1440. Higher resolution will give you more clear, live and sharp picture. But for using 4k you must have to find a compatible graphics card for your computer. Another thing 4k cost you more money, although you may find the cheap products from the market that will not give you ultimate satisfaction. After all, for getting a superior viewing experience you can think about 4k monitors.
Choosing a best 1440p monitor is not a very easy task. You have to consider many things before buying it. In this article, I try to illustrate all the points you need to consider before buying. The aforementioned 10 monitor may give you a clear idea about the 1440p features and help you to decide the perfect product for you.